miercuri, 8 ianuarie 2014

Food-talks

I eat 3 times a day. And I have gotten into the habit of eating alone, in my bedroom, watching stuff on my computer, or TV. Since my parents don't eat at regular times, and a lot of times don't even sit down to eat, I found this as an option to not eat "alone".

I know that, ideally, we shouldn't eat and do something else at the same time, that this way we would be more aware of how we chew, how much we actually eat and when we are full and should stop. However, sitting alone at the kitchen table seems kind of sad to me.

So I decided to turn my bad eating habit into something more helpful. Now, generally, I would sit down and eat with "Friends", or "Mad Men", or "Modern family". These all may seem like fun eating companions, but I realized I am using too much time watching them. The average episode length is longer than my actual meal, so I am wasting about 10 to 15 minutes with each meal (with some series, even more), not to mention that there is the risk of one episode turning into two. Also, I wasn't getting anything out of it, no new information, no new ideas.

So now, eating is TED Talk time. They are 15 minutes long, which is just enough time to eat. They give me information, motivation and ideas.

Here are a few of them I've been watching:



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu